Virgin Active shares 5 tips to a zero-waste journey
1. Refuse to use single-use packaging and other waste materials that cannot be recycled.
2. Reduce your use of low-quality products that have a short lifespan and cannot be recycled.
3. Reuse items you already own such as jars, bags, bottles and clothing by repairing them or buying second-hand.
4. Recycle items that cannot be reused.
5. Compost items that cannot be reused or recycled instead of throwing it out, such as food waste.
“Organisations are becoming more socially and environmentally conscious, and you can see it from the top down. The Johannesburg Stock Exchange recently delivered draft climate and sustainability disclosure guidelines,. South Africa’s own ESG disclosure rate (for rating purposes) has been lauded by The Responsible Investment and Ownership Guide. So yes, ESG is here to stay.”