The Future of Sustainability
06 -07 March 2024
JHB, South Africa
Join the conversation on the future of sustainability and explore how your participation can contribute to shaping a better tomorrow
Trusted by leading organisations.
What is FOS?
The Future of Sustainability promotes sustainable and transparent business practices, aiming to provoke responsible corporate citizenship and sustainable development – from individual to institutional level.
Through the power of publication, events, and awards we aid in achieving your investment goals, whilst simultaneously supporting ethical and environmentally-conscious approaches to do better business!
We provide platforms for thought leaders, businesses, entrepreneurs, organisations and industry experts with a common mission to convene, connect and take actionable steps towards implementing green, sustainable and ethically-sound strategies to mobilise Africa towards a zero-carbon emission, waste-free, fully sustainable, smart continent.
- Climate change and its risks to Africa
- Importance of reducing toxic waste and releases
- Regulations indicating the levels of environmental liability concerning services and products
- Pressure to improve performance, transparency
- Emerging market for environmentally friendly products and services
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Community relations / CSI
- Human rights issues at companyand supplier/contractor
- Government and community relations in developing countries
- Diversity in the workplace
- Board Structure and accountability
- Accounting and reporting practices
- Best Practice
- Adherence to legislation
- Risk Management
- Social governance
Interested in speaking at FOS
Share your sustainability efforts and share your expertise and thought leadership with an esteemed audience. This is your opportunity to take centre stage at Africa’s fastest-growing sustainability conference and exhibition.
Meet Our Speakers
Honourable Angela Thokoza Didiza
Minister of Agriculture Land Reform and Rural Development
Head of Sustainability
Chief Executive Office
Environmentalists and Entrepreneur
Founder of Far_Go Straws
Sub Saharan Africa, Goldman Sachs
What makes the FOS Publication unique ?
Discover the future of sustainability in our digital publication focused on ESG. Stay informed about environmental, social, and governance trends, strategies, and best practices. Join us in shaping a better tomorrow
- World-class editorial
- A country-wide range of expert contributors spanning all sectors of South Africa’s economy
- A unique distribution model targeted at top decision makers and industry leaders
- Unmatched pedigree through partnerships with state departments, big corporates and the United Nations
“Organisations are becoming more socially and environmentally conscious, and you can see it from the top down. The Johannesburg Stock Exchange recently delivered draft climate and sustainability disclosure guidelines,. South Africa’s own ESG disclosure rate (for rating purposes) has been lauded by The Responsible Investment and Ownership Guide. So yes, ESG is here to stay.”
“According to the United Nations, an international legally binding instrument to end plastic pollution, including in the marine environment, will be developed by the private sector and civil society with hopes to finalise it by 2024.”
In this article we take a look at what the public sector is doing to embed sustainability principles in departmental policies and programmes and focus on government initiatives aimed at ensuring sustainable environmental practices.
086 000 9590
Find us here
186 Loop Street
Elkay House, Cape Town