According to Didizia, these new trends could be advanced further with technology and smarter educated youth population that is increasingly becoming environmentally conscious.
1. Define what sustainability means to you and your business. Once this is clear to you, share this vision with your suppliers and customers.
2. Know the environment laws that impact your industry and operations. New legislation, such as carbon tax, not only impact the large businesses in South Africa, but also everyday consumers through the fuel price.
3. Know your own carbon footprint; share this with your clients/social network. There are apps that can help you with this. Some of these are free.
4. Reduce before you produce. It saves time and money.
5. Source from local suppliers where possible. It not only reduces your carbon footprint, but also stimulates local businesses.